Enterprise software development. Romania. These two concepts may not seem to belong together, but the pre-Roman center of Cluj-Napoca is in fact one of the world’s top outsourcing destinations. On March 20, software company Imprezzio Global, a founding member of the Cluj IT cluster, helped launch the first-ever Cluj IT Innovation Days as another engine to shoot this phenomenon into the future.
As signs of spring began showing in the technopolis of Cluj-Napoca, a new initiative of the Cluj IT Cluster was born: Cluj IT Innovation Days–meant to strengthen the local IT community and develop business relations with international partners.
Imprezzio Global, a subsidiary of US-based Imprezzio Inc., is one of the main organizers of the event. Since 2008, Imprezzio’s European branch has specialized in enterprise cloud-based applications, software as a service, mobile applications, existing-system integration, contact and marketing management and embedded hardware solutions.
Why the City of Cluj?
Over the decades following World War II, the second-largest city in Romania has steadily built itself into “the Silicon Valley of Eastern Europe.” Cluj currently boasts 100,000 square meters of office space along with a network of 64,000 km of optical fiber to support the 1,000+ IT&C companies registered there.
Imprezzio Global is one of the founding members of Cluj IT Cluster, a group of businesses and public institutions with over 20 years’ worth of experience in providing IT outsourcing services and products to customers worldwide.The Cluster boasts combined revenues of approximately 100 million Euros and a total of 3,500+ skilled IT specialists and support staff. Its goals include:
- promoting the “Cluj IT” brand in Romania’s public sector and internationally
- developing Cluj Innovation City, a 300 million Euro Community Project, meant to create an innovation area that will attract over 20,000 IT specialists in the next 15 years
- investing in R&D
- providing entrepreneurial plan development for start-ups
- creating diploma-program internships and improving the tech skills of high school and university graduates
- working with government entities to promote best practices in IT services
- making Cluj IT Innovation Days an annual event
- becoming one of the most trustworthy IT service provider groups in Eastern Europe
Says Tudor Armand Ciuleanu, Imprezzio Global’s Managing Director, “We have invested a lot of time and effort in the Cluj IT Cluster. With the support of the US Embassy and the Romanian Ministry of Development, we hope to increase brand awareness in local and global markets and succeed in accomplishing multiple R&D projects. We are positive about the concept of the Cluj IT Cluster and as the Cluj IT Innovations Days event was a real success, so we are certain that in time we will achieve all of the cluster’s goals.”